Call for Papers on Learning Innovations & Quality is open!
LINQ 2019 invites scientific submissions on future education
The international LINQ 2019 Conference encourages you to submit your scientific papers on innovative learning and education in schools, universities and lifelong learning. Interested researchers and practitioners have to submit an abstract of their planned paper in the conference submission system EasyChair until 30th of September 2019. The deadline for full paper submissions is on 10th of October 2019 (see all important dates below).
The motto of LINQ 2019 is: “Innovative School Education for Sustainable Development”. Thus, LINQ 2019 invites you to one of the most innovative schools worldwide, the Niekée school located in Roermond. The Call for Papers asks for submissions related to innovative and quality learning including but not limited to:
- Vision and needs for change in education through open learning worldwide
- Strategies and implementations of openness in learning processes
- Global aspects of high-quality open education
- Quality indicators and methods to describe, measure and evaluate quality for open education, OER and MOOCs
- Conceptual contributions on new and innovative quality models, methodologies, standards and approaches for open education and e-learning
- Practical experiences and reports with implementations of quality approaches for open education
- Competences required by institutions as well as by learners for designing, practicing and improving the quality of open learning
- Methodologies for and experience of increased recognition of open learning in formal, non-formal and informal learning, education and training
- Certification of open education and e-learning in institutions, programs & courses
- Integrated innovation and quality approaches for opening up education
- International, national and regional quality projects related to the theme of the conference
You have to use the LINQ template for full papers: You can download it here! The paper has to be anonymized (without any reference to the author(s) in the text, in the references and in the file name!). In addition, you have to anonymize the file properties: All personal identification information must be removed from the properties area of the paper. In Microsoft Word 2013 & 2016: “File/Info/Check for Issues/Inspect Document/Inspect”. Complete directions for other Word versions are available via the Microsoft Word Help function. Type “remove hidden data” into the Help field.
All submissions will be evaluated in double-blind peer-review by the International Programme Committee. The selected papers will be presented at LINQ 2019 taking placing on Friday, 22nd of November 2019, in the beautiful Dutch city Roermond.
The selected papers will be printed in the official LINQ Proceedings that will be distributed to all conference participants as well as leading libraries. The official LINQ Proceedings will be published on the conference website with an open and free license (golden open access), too. Furthermore, the official LINQ Proceedings will have a DOI and ISBN and will be sent for indexing to all our major indexing partners, including Emerging Scourse Citation (Web of Science), Scopus (Elsevier), DOAJ, and Conference Proceedings Citation Index (these indexing partners have final say on what they include and the process can take anywhere between 4 and 12 months, depending on how busy the indexing partner is at the time).
In addition, a Call for Posters is open next to the Call for Papers: You can submit your posters in English and in Dutch to be presented at LINQ 2019, see the Call for Posters for details.
The LINQ Conference is always open for researchers and policy developers as well as for practitioners and LINQ 2019 welcomes in particular school teachers and headmasters: We want to support the exchange between the two worlds of theory and practice! LINQ 2019 is organized by the Open Education research group of the Open University of the Netherlands (led by Dr. Christian M. Stracke) in close collaboration with the Trends Conference of the Welten Institute, the Niekée school in Roermond and the Learn STEM consortium.
Overview of the important dates:
- Abstract submission deadline: 30 September 2019
- Paper submission deadline: 10 October 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 31 October 2019
- Camera-Ready copy due: 07 November 2019
- LINQ Conference day: 22 November 2019 in Roermond (NL)